We’ve made a few changes to some of our arts grants:
- Recognize – Prizes: The Manitoba Arts Award of Distinction will now be awarded annually! The four Prizes in the Arts, which were celebrated on “odd” years, will be discontinued for the foreseeable future. The deadline to nominate an artist, Indigenous Knowledge Keeper, or arts/cultural professional for the 2023 Manitoba Arts Award of Distinction is December 15.
- Share – Tour: This grant is now open to almost all applicants, including artists, Indigenous Knowledge Keepers, and arts groups. Both individuals and organizations can apply for up to $10,000 for small-scale tours and up to $50,000 for large-scale tours. The next deadline to apply is April 1.
- Support – Strengthen: Organizations can now apply for Strengthen grants to either fund organizational development, or capital expenses and equipment purchases. The next deadline to apply is May 10.
- Support – Operate: We have created a simplified application for our Operating clients. The next grant application is due January 25.
Also, there are a few changes to our website and in Manipogo, MAC’s online application system:
- Accessibility widget: You can now change the color contrast, text size and spacing, cursor, and many other features of our website thanks to a new accessibility widget by UserWay. Click on the person-shaped button in the corner of our website and try it out!
- General Guidelines webpage: It’s now easier than ever to read through our General Guidelines. Check out our new dedicated webpage for important information on eligibility, grant applications, and more.
- Mileage and per diems: For projects that include travel, mileage has been increased to $0.45 per kilometer and per diems have increase to $60 per day.