We’ve made a few changes to some of our arts grants:
- Indigenous 360: Previously, the Indigenous 360 stream included three grants: Create, Learn, and Share. Now, they’re all combined into one single grant program! This is because many applicants found it difficult to sort their project into just one category; many projects contain elements of creation, learning, and sharing. This new program offers a small-scale and large-scale grant, and a new “micro-grant” with a simplified application. All activities that were previously eligible for Indigenous 360 – Create, Learn and Share grants are still eligible for the singular Indigenous 360 grant. The next deadline to apply is September 25, 2022.
- Share – Present: only public presentations and publications in Manitoba are eligible. The next deadline to apply is September 10, 2022.
- Learn – Residencies: The Riding Mountain Artists’ Residency is now the only option available through this grant. Self-determined residencies are now supported by Create or Learn – Travel/PD grants. The new deadline to apply for the Riding Mountain Artists’ Residency is January 15, 2023.
- Support – Strengthen: there is no longer a fall deadline for Strengthen grants. The next deadline is May 10, 2023.
- Support – Arts Leaders: the next deadline to apply is November 25, 2022 instead of February 2023.
Also, there are a few new features in Manipogo, MAC’s online application system:
- Unsubmit button: if you’ve submitted an application before the deadline but want to make a change or recall the application, you can now easily press “Unsubmit” and your application will return to the Draft status.
- *Pilot* Extend button: if you need more time to finish your application, you can automatically give yourself an additional 5 days to submit your application by clicking the “Extend” button on the bottom right corner of the application.
Note: The “Extend” button was changed from five days to two days in June 2023.
- Links for audio and video support material: if you are submitting audio or video as support material for your grant application, you can now link to the content on a streaming website instead of uploading the file directly. NOTE: We’re only accepting links towards the following sites at this time: Vimeo, YouTube, SoundCloud, and Bandcamp.