The Artists in the Schools Residencies Program brings together the unique vision and energy of artists and the creative potential of students and teachers.
The program supports existing arts education programs in Manitoba schools through residencies integrated into the school’s instructional schedule. The program is intended for students in Kindergarten through Grade 12. Schools can select from over 60 artists for their residency applications.
2016 ARTISTS IN THE SCHOOLS DIRECTORY
Download the 2016 Artists in the Schools Directory. Teachers can search the directory by clicking on the artist’s name or arts discipline. French descriptions of programs presented in French are included.
- provide in-depth arts experiences, engaging students and teachers in the creative process
- provide opportunities for students to experience a wide range of artistic disciplines and art experiences over the span of their school years
- expose students and teachers to the work of practicing professional artists
- assist students in developing a critical understanding of a range of the arts
- provide teachers with professional development related to the arts
- encourage artists and teachers to work in partnership
- ensure that every school in Manitoba has access to artist residencies
WHO CAN APPLY?
Any school listed in Schools in Manitoba, the Manitoba Education and Advanced Learning provincial directory of schools, school divisions, and districts, may apply.
One to ten weeks (five days a week)
MAC will share the cost of the residency with the school.
- Fees ($750 per week per artist)
- Travel, living and accommodation expenses
- Fees ($450 per artist per week)
- Material costs, rental of equipment and instruments
HOW TO APPLY
- Read through the Artists in the Schools Residencies Program Guidelines.
- Contact the Arts & Learning Manager if you have any questions.
email@example.com or (204) 945-2237
- Identify a project coordinator on staff at your school.
- Select an artist from MAC’s 2016 Artists in the Schools Directory.
- Contact the artist(s) to discuss availability and the residency project. *
- Artists will email the Artist’s Letter of Understanding to the schools. This letter must be submitted with the school’s application.
- Complete the Artists in the Schools Residencies Program Application.
- Submit your application to MAC in person or by mail. **
* It is important that schools contact artists early to confirm their availability as each artist may work a maximum of 15 weeks per school year in the Artists in the Schools Residencies Program. The artists’ contact information can be found in the 2016 Artists in the Schools Directory.
** Applications may be dropped off or sent by mail postmarked by the deadline day. The Manitoba Arts Council does not accept faxed or emailed applications and funding agreements.
DOWNLOAD THE 2016 ARTISTS IN THE SCHOOLS DIRECTORY
Teachers can search the directory by clicking on the artist’s name or arts discipline. French descriptions of programs presented in French are included.
Contact the Arts & Learning Manager
(204) 945-2237 | Toll Free 1-866-994-2787 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Manitoba Arts Council
525 – 93 Lombard Avenue
Winnipeg, Manitoba R3B 3B1