The Artists in Schools program supports arts enriched learning experiences through Manitoba artists working in the classroom with students from Nursery to Grade 12 in Manitoba schools. The intent of the program is to motivate and excite students to realize the full potential of who they can be, acknowledge their role in the community, and value the importance of the arts.
What you can apply for
Hands-on arts enriched learning experiences designed to immerse students in the arts, in one or more classrooms for a minimum length of 5 days. Consecutive days are not a requirement.
- Short-term projects
Projects that connect to core curriculum, themes, topics and Big Ideas. Consecutive days are not a requirement. Projects must be completed in a single school year.
- Three-year projects
Long-term collaborative projects between teachers and artists with a track record in arts-based inquiry learning, engaging students in mindful and creative cross-curricular exploration of a meaningful question, problem, or issue.
Who can apply
- Professional artists
- Arts/cultural professionals
- Indigenous Knowledge Keepers
- Professional arts groups
- Professional arts organizations
NOTE: Organizations receiving operating funding from the Manitoba Arts Council are not eligible to apply to this program.
- You can submit multiple applications to each deadline.
- An application may only include one school.
- A school may only be part of one application per deadline.
- A school may only participate in one project per school year.
- Project applicants may receive grant commitments up to a maximum level of a total of $30,000 in a year.
- One artist: up to a maximum of $7,500 per application
- Two or more artists: up to a maximum of $15,000 per application
- Three-year projects: a three-year commitment of funding up to a maximum of $15,000 per year.
- June 5, 2019: for projects September to the end of May (2019/2020 school year)
- October 5, 2019: for projects January to the end of May (2019/2020 school year)
- Guidelines and application form preview (available December 5, 2018)
- Connector Tool for teachers and artists (available December 5, 2018)
- The 2018-2019 Artists in the School Directory (available until December 5, 2018)
- School Partnership Agreement Form (available December 5, 2018)
- Approval to Work in Schools Form (available December 5, 2018)
- Cultural Literacy and Access Statement (available December 5, 2018)
- Additional resources