The Artists in Schools grant creates opportunities for K-12 students attending public schools throughout Manitoba to participate in high-impact arts and cultural experiences by working directly with artists, arts/cultural professionals, and Indigenous Knowledge Keepers.
If you are new to this grant and are interested in learning more, visit our dedicated Artists in Schools website at artistsinschools.ca. There you will find our Artist Listings, a public resource for Manitoba educators to search and find artists ready to partner in an Artists in Schools grant application.Visit artistsinschools.ca Join the Artist Listing
Who can apply
- Professional artists
- Arts/cultural professionals
- Indigenous Knowledge Keepers
- Professional arts groups
- Professional arts organizations
- Organizations receiving operating funding from the Manitoba Arts Council are not eligible to apply to this program.
- School staff do not apply directly for Artists in Schools grants. The application is submitted by the partnering artist.
- Applicants may submit multiple applications to each deadline
- An application may only include one eligible school
- Eligible schools:
- All schools listed in the First Nations Operated School Directory
- All Manitoba public schools*
- Schools may participate in one Artists in Schools project per school year
*A public school is defined as a school within a school division that is governed by a publicly elected school board.
- Projects involving one artist: up to $7,500 per application
- Projects involving two or more artists: up to $15,000 per application
- June 5, 2023: for projects September to the end of June (2023/2024 school year)
- October 5, 2023: for projects January to the end of June (2023/2024 school year)
- Guidelines and application form preview
- Artists in Schools COVID-19 FAQ
- School Commitment Form
- Join the Artists in Schools Artist Listings
Submit your personal listing details to the Artists in Schools’ Artist Listings. This is a public resource for Manitoba educators to search and find artists ready to partner in an Artists in Schools grant application.
- General Guidelines
- Additional resources