If you are Deaf or living with a disability, or you represent a Deaf and disability arts/cultural group or organization, you can apply for financial assistance to help cover the costs of disability-related services to:
- create a profile in Manipogo, the Manitoba Arts Council’s (MAC) online application system (up to $150);
- write a grant application (up to $750); or
- submit a final report (up to $200).
Financial assistance is awarded on a first-come, first-served basis and can only be provided if funds are available and cannot be guaranteed. Funds will be paid directly the service provider.
Who can apply for assistance?
An applicant or grant recipient who:
- is Deaf or living with a disability
- needs assistance to create a profile, write a grant application, or submit a final report
- grant-writing assistance
- transcription services
- editing services
- creating an artistic resume or curriculum vitae (C.V.)
- organizing support materials
- other disability-related supports and services connected to submitting a profile in Manipogo, writing a MAC grant application, or submitting a final report
- capital expenses
- supports that you’ve already received funding for
- anything not connected to submitting a profile, writing an application, or submitting a final report
How do I request assistance?
Because financial assistance is awarded on a first-come, first-served basis, we strongly recommend that you contact MAC Help Desk before incurring expenses.
- Approach service provider for quote
- Submit your request form and quote to MAC Help Desk
- Complete and submit your profile, application, or report
- Either you or your service provider sends an invoice to MAC
- MAC pays the service provider
There are three ways to contact MAC:
- Fill out the form and e-mail it to email@example.com
- Phone, email, or fax the MAC Help Desk.
- Visit us in person
Help Desk, Manitoba Arts Council
525-93 Lombard Avenue
Winnipeg, MB R3B 3B1
Requests for creating a profile, writing a grant application, and submitting a final report must be submitted separately.
If you have any questions, please contact the MAC Help Desk.
How will my request be assessed?
Requests for financial assistance are reviewed by MAC staff based on:
- a reasonable budget
- availability of funds
Your request for financial assistance is confidential and will not impact the assessment of your current or future grant applications. Financial assistance does not appear in our grants listing.
Financial assistance for accessibility-related supports and services are not included in your annual $30K grant limit.
I’ve submitted my request – what’s next?
If you’ve already submitted your profile, application, or report: you will be contacted within two weeks of submitting your request.
If you have not submitted your profile, application, or report: you MUST submit your profile, application, or report before your request for financial assistance will be paid.
Funds will be paid directly the service provider.