The Arts Leaders program supports building the capacity for leadership by individuals who identify as Indigenous, Black, People of Colour in Manitoba’s arts and cultural sector.
This program is supported through a partnership agreement between Manitoba Arts Council and The Winnipeg Foundation.
What you can apply for
- Mentorship and/or training opportunities within an organization. To be initiated by the applicant and to primarily benefit the applicant, rather than the host organization.
- One-on-one mentorships
- Post-secondary arts and cultural leadership studies
- Independent proposals for self-directed leadership skill development
Note: a combination of the above is possible; talk with a MAC Program Consultant if you have an idea for a leadership development opportunity not described above.
Who can apply
Arts practitioners who identify as Indigenous, Black, or People of Colour with a demonstrated commitment to the arts and cultural sector, including work and/or volunteer experience with professional arts/cultural organizations or groups, and community not for profit organizations are eligible to apply.
- Up to a maximum of $35,000
- Guidelines and application form preview
- Arts Leaders Program Frequestly Asked Questions
- Additional resources